INDEPENDENCE & JACKSON COUNTY 1085 +/- ACRES
“A ready to hunt and enjoy and outdoor paradise and investment property”
Click Here for Batchelor Farms Property Brochure(.pdf)!
Batchelor Farms is an incredible opportunity to own some of the finest hunting property along the famous Black River in Eastern Arkansas. The property is +/-1085 acres and is located in Independence and Jackson County’s and in-between the communities of Cord and Tuckerman along Arkansas HWY 37. Batchelor Farms has been owned by the Batchelor Family since the late 1860s and has a long history of hunting success. The property offers some of the best Waterfowl Hunting, Whitetail Deer Hunting, and Fishing in the area. A system of levees, water control structures, moist soil units (MSU’s), wells, and a re-lift pump on Black River allow the owners to manage the water across the property for duck hunting. Vehicle access can get you and your family or friends to a variety of hunting locations or a short boat ride or ATV rides can take you into all the hunting locations. Most of the agricultural fields on Batchelor Farms have been converted into the Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) and the planted hardwood trees are thriving and providing amazing food and habitat for ducks, deer, and other game throughout the property. Additionally, other agricultural fields have been developed into native grasses, millet crops, and other dedicated wildlife food plots to provide additional hunting and or rest areas for the property. All areas are very accessible with relative comfort and ease. The Black River conveniently splits the property North and South and provides a historic natural flyway destination for wintering ducks and geese.
The Conservation Reserve Program in place on some of Batchelor Farms provides a healthy annual income stream to the property and a significant investment in planted hardwood timber. Established shooting holes, blinds, and deer stands are throughout the property. The duck blinds are in good condition and provide very comfortably hunting opportunities. If so inclined, hunters could arrive to the blind by vehicle or ATV. The entire property has been developed and managed for hunting and recreational benefit. In addition to plentiful waterfowl, healthy numbers of deer live along the Black River on Batchelor Farms and each year trophy bucks are harvested on the property.
If you need a break from hunting, Batchelor Farms has miles of roads and trails for ATV riding and several river sandbars provide a place to take a picnic lunch or camp for the weekend. The current owners of the property have a lifetime of great family memories along these old historic sandbars. Underneath a canopy of majestic Cypress Tress is Middle Old River Lake – an old oxbow lake on the property that provides unmatched fishing and hunting opportunities on the property.
In summary, this is a true recreational investment property in a historic area along the banks of the Black River. A long history of hunting success and a solid investment opportunity for an individual, a family, or a small group of hunter – this property is a very rare find.
Batchelor Farms, LLC is located in located off Arkansas HWY 37 near Tuckerman, AR and along the Black River
- 4 Miles – Tuckerman, AR
- 6 miles – Cord, AR
- 5 miles – Newport, AR
- 108 miles – Memphis, TN
- 6 miles – Jonesboro, AR
- 105 miles – Little Rock, AR
Recognized Hunting Properties in the Area:
- Stan Jones Mallard Lodge
- Otter Lake Club
- Turkey Hill Duck Club
- Shirey Bay Rainey Brake WMA
- Mallard Duck Pond
- Black River
- 80% of Property can be flooded for waterfowl hunting
- Developed Moist Soil Units (MSUs) for duck hunting
- Green Tree – Flooded Timber Hunting areas
- Middle Old River (oxbow) Lake – providing incredible fishing and duck hunting
- Multiple Sloughs and Breaks – Providing Excellent Hunting
- Proven Waterfowl Hunting & Rest Areas
- Proven Whitetail Deer Hunting
- Wild Turkeys
- Year Round Fishing
- Easy Accessibility via vehicle, ATV, or boat
- Convenient access from paved HWY 37 onto property – both north and south of the river
- Gates and fencing help keep the property a true sanctuary
- Good road system throughout
- 1 Re-lift on Black River
- 2 Working Wells – one brand new
- Levee system(s) and water control structures in place
- CRP with Annual Income of $70,597.00
- Property has been leased for Hunting for the last 15 years. There is a current Hunting Lease on the property with a proven history of hunting success. It’s reported that an average of 600-700 ducks are harvest off the property each year and whitetail deer in the 160”+ range have been harvested off this property. Note: Hunting Lease can/may be terminated if the property sells.
- All owned by Seller (if any) shall be transferred, but the Seller does not warrant or guarantee ownership
- The offering price for the +/- 1085 acres and all improvements is $4,650 per acre.The property is being marketing to sell as one parcel however Seller will entertain selling the property in two parcels with the Black River being the dividing line. Batchelor Farm (North) is +/-569 Acres in Independence County, AR and Batchelor Farm (South) is +/-516 Acres in Jackson County, AR. All inquiries should be directed to Wellons Real Estate by calling 501.482.LAND or Ben Wellons at 501.607.2293 (email@example.com).
- Wellons Real Estate is the exclusive representing firm of the Seller. For additional information or to schedule a private tour of the property, please contact Ben Wellons at 501.607.2203 (M) or email Ben@WellonsLand.com.The information here within is intended only for the person(s) to which are agents/brokers of Wellons Land Real Estate and may contain proprietary, business-confidential and/or privileged material. All information here within has been reported to be truthful and accurate, however Wellons Land does not warrant or guarantee such. If you are not the intended recipient of this document you are hereby notified that any use, review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, reproduction or any action taken in reliance upon this message is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.
|Price:||Call for Price & Info|
|City:||History of Duck Hunting Success located in NE|