YOUNG FARM & SPORTING CLUB
LONOKE COUNTY 1350 +/- ACRES
“A farming and recreational property with 10+ years of management & development for wildlife”
The Young Farm and Sporting Club is located just north of the community of Carlisle, Arkansas is positioned right in the heart of the Mississippi flyway. This property has been family owned, family farmed, and family operated for over five generations and offers some of the best hunting and recreational opportunities in the area. The farming consists of rice and soybeans and has an established farmer currently in place for the 2017 year and thereafter if so inclined.
The Young Farm Sporting Club has a good history of waterfowl hunting as the 130+ acre private buckbrush reservoir provides the perfect habitat for wintering waterfowl. The reservoir is partially drained in late summer and millet is flown over the shallow flats alongside the reservoir and provides a tremendous amount of moist soil food and habitat that attracts and hold thousands of ducks. Furthermore, the reservoir naturally grows smart weed in and throughout the buckbrush and the ducks absolutely love it. Adjacent to the reservoir, the property has about 250 acres of rice/soybean cultivation that is also managed after harvest for waterfowl. After harvest, the fields are flooded and hunting in the strategically located blinds in these fields is consistently successful. Along the east side of the rice fields, two strategically designed Moist Soil Units (MSUs) have been created and act as either a sanctuary for ducks or an additional hunting opportunity. These moist soil impoundments were designed in partnership with an NRCS program for conservation of waterfowl and are planted in corn and millet to provide additional forage and rest areas for the ducks. Last but certainly not least, the property offers a moist soil green timber area that is seasonally flooded via two Ducks Unlimited water control structures and levy system – creating about 120 acres in flooded timber bottomland habitat for duck hunting.
The club offers some of the finest Deer Hunting and has been managed for over a decade using Quality Deer Management techniques to manage and sustain trophy whitetail deer. The results are in the annual deer harvest results and several trophy caliber bucks are taken off the property each fall. Recent pine timber harvest on the property has created some natural grown up thickets that provide the perfect cover and natural forage for the whitetail deer. The property has 10+ deer stand’s positioned throughout the property and many of them overlooking deer food plots.
If you enjoy fishing, then look no further. The reservoir is fed by Faras Run Creek and hosts exceptional crappie and bass fishing. Equipped with fishing boats and a boat access ditch next to the clubhouse, one can be fishing just steps from the camp.
The lodging at Young Farm Sporting Club is newly remodeled and very comfortable. The clubhouse has 5 bedrooms, 2 baths, a large kitchen and dining area, and a newly built mud room with lockers and changing area. Completely furnished the lodge can sleep 14. An excellent place to relax by the cast iron furnace and watch the game after a morning hunt. There are also outdoor covered area for cooking and processing game. Just a short walk from the lodge is a barn/storage building and container units for all your atvs and gear. This property has it all.
Young Farm & Sporting Club property is located in Lonoke County, Arkansas just 5 miles north of Carlisle, Arkansas –
- 35 miles – Little Rock
- 100 miles – Memphis
- 30 miles – Stuttgart
- 110 miles – Jonesboro
- 250 Miles – Shreveport
- Re-Lifts on adjoining reservoir provide adequate surface for farming and seasonal flooding for waterfowl
- Farming Income
- Hunting Lease Income
- Potential for Conservation Easement Income
- 130+ Acre Trophy Fishing & Duck Hunting Buckbrush/Timber Reservoir
- 250+/- acre level production Agri field
- 120 Acre Flooded Timber Moist Soil Hunting area
- Managed Waterfowl Hunting & Rest Areas with Nice Duck Blinds ready to hunt
- Excellent Whitetail Deer Hunting
- Established and well-managed Deer Food Plots and Deer Stands throughout the property
- Wild Turkeys on the property
- Great road system throughout the property – Easily Accessible via car, boat, and ATV
- Great access to the paved county road, bring any car you want, keep it clean and take a boat or ATV from there
- Easy Drive to the Carlisle Municipal Airport
- Very comfortable & clean lodging
- Shop, additional storage, and boat area
- Fenced / Gated
- History of hunting success
- Guide Service, Cooking, and Cleaning available too
- The offering price for the +/- 1350 acres and all improvements is $5,670,000.00. Wellons Land Real Estate is the exclusive Listing Firm of the Seller. For additional information or a private tour of the property, please contact Ben Wellons at 501.607.2203 (M) or email Ben@WellonsLand.com.
Additional information can be found at https://wellonsland.com/real-estate.
|Address:||+/-1350 Acres in Carlisle, AR|
|Acres:||+/-1350 Acres in Carlisle, AR|