I-55 CORPORATION DUCK CLUB
CRITTENDEN COUNTY, ARKANSAS 720 +/- ACRES
I-55 Corporation Duck Club Property Brochure
“One of the easiest and most consistent duck hunting properties in the Memphis Area”
Just 15 – 20 minutes from Memphis, lies one of the best kept secrets in Arkansas Duck Hunting – it’s the I-55 Corporation Duck Club. This old farm property was successfully converted into a conservation reserve program (CRP) and developed for hunting and wildlife 15 years ago. The results from the wildlife restoration and conservation project, planted hardwood trees, and waterfowl moist soil infrastructure has turned this property into an amazing wildlife and recreation paradise.
The property is easily accessible from I-55 just northwest of Memphis near the community of Turrell, Arkansas. The property is gated and fenced making it very private and secluded for wildlife. A well maintained gravel road brings you into the property and lands you at a cabin or house site with power and water readily available. From there you can easily access the remainder of the property by truck or atv and quickly and easily access all of the duck hunting blinds and or deer stands.
The property consists of +/- 720 acres and comes with two operational wells – both of which are now used for flooding the various impoundments for waterfowl hunting. The property is currently being leased for hunting and the lessee has reportedly consistent mallard duck hunting and deer hunting across the property over the past several years. One of the main features of I-55’s property is Big Creek and Cypress Bayou. Both of these tributaries run thru and alongside the property providing access to surface water for flooding and a great flyway and rest area for ducks in the area. Another key feature of I-55’s success over the years is its proximity to Wapanocca National Wildlife Refuge – which is adjacent to the property and holds thousands of waterfowl all season long. The current owner and lessee reported that hundred if not thousands of mallards come off of Waponooca Refuge every day and use the I-55 property for food and additional resting areas. Another noteworthy hunting property just across the highway from I-55 Duck Club is Mallards Unlimited – which is also known for excellent duck hunting.
Many years ago, a Deer Management Program was implemented on the I-55 property and as a result the deer are plentiful across the property. Several mature bucks are taken from the property each year. There are some wild turkeys living on the I-55 property as well and are being seen more regularly on trail cameras and by neighboring farmers. Last but not least, there is 5 acre stocked reservoir on the property that provides a great spot to relax and enjoy fishing either by boat of from the bank. The reservoir could also serve as an additional water source for future farming or flooding for waterfowl.
In summary, this is a true recreational investment property in a great waterfowl area and just a short drive from Memphis and the surrounding area. A history of duck hunting success and a solid investment opportunity for an individual, a family, or a small group of hunters – this property is a very rare find. Bring a reasonable offer and this could be your next hunting property.
The I-55 Corporation Duck Club is located in located off Arkansas Interstate 55 just northwest of Memphis, TN and near the community of Turrell, Arkansas.
- 25 miles – Memphis, TN
- 45 miles – Jonesboro, AR
- 231 miles – Nashville, TN
- 255 miles – St. Louis, MO
- 265 miles – Birmingham, AL
Recognized Hunting Properties in the Area:
- Mallards Unlimited
- Waponocca National Wildlife Refuge
- Francis Sunken Lands
- Big Creek Waterfowl Club
- Convenient I-55 road frontage
- +/-720 acres – ideal size for managing and holding waterfowl and other game
- History of hunting success
- Across the road and adjacent to Wapanocca National Wildlife Refuge
- Big Creek & Cypress Bayou on the property
- Well established hardwood trees providing great habitat for ducks and deer
- Well established wildlife food plots in place
- Good road access throughout
- Property is gated and fenced – very private very exclusive
- Water and Power available on the property
- Deer stands and duck blinds in place
- Price and ready to sell – motivated seller
- 2 operational wells
- Various surface water options, reservoirs, bayou, and ditches
- Levee system(s), pipes, and water control structures in place
- CRP Contract = $55,000 annually
- Current Contract period end in 2020 – could be renewed or extended (optional)
- Note: Conservation program payments and hunting income provided a 3-4% ROI currently
- I-55 Duck Club has been leased for hunting for approximately 15 years. There is a current hunting lease on the property. It’s reported that good numbers of mallards and other waterfowl use the property each year the lessee’s have reported consistent hunting success when on the property. Mature whitetail deer have been harvested off this property. The hunting lease can be terminated upon a change of ownership.
- All owned by Seller (if any) shall be transferred, but the Seller does not warrant or guarantee ownership
- The offering price for the +/- 720 acres and all improvements is $3,350/acre or $2,412,000.00.The property is being marketing to sell as one parcel. All inquiries should be directed to Wellons Real Estate by calling 501.482.LAND or Ben Wellons at 501.607.2293 (ben@localhost).
- Wellons Real Estate is the exclusive representative firm of the Seller. For additional information or to schedule a private tour of the property, please contact Ben Wellons at 501.607.2203 (M) or email Ben@WellonsLand.com. The information here within is intended only for the person(s) to which are agents/brokers of Wellons Land Real Estate and may contain proprietary, business-confidential and/or privileged material. All information here within has been reported to be truthful and accurate, however Wellons Land does not warrant or guarantee such. If you are not the intended recipient of this document you are hereby notified that any use, review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, reproduction or any action taken in reliance upon this message is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.
|Address:||+/-720 Acres (only $3350/Acre!)|
|Acres:||+/-720 Acres - A Proven Duck Property!|