MARS RANCH SPORTING CLUB
PRAIRIE COUNTY, ARKANSAS 1,276.90 +/- ACRES
Mars Ranch Sporting Club Property Brochure
“One of the best income producing recreational investment properties we have ever seen”
Priced to sell at $3,623/Acre!
The Mars Ranch Sporting Club is an incredible opportunity to own some of the finest hunting property along the famous White River in Eastern Arkansas. The property is +/-1,276.90 acres and is located in Prairie County Arkansas just south of the community of Des Arc. Mars Ranch has been owned by the Burgess Family since 1964 and has a long history of agriculture farming, cattle farming, and hunting success. The property offers some of the best Waterfowl Hunting, Whitetail Deer Hunting, Turkey Hunting, and Fishing in the area and includes a ranch-style home and barn making a great place to stay while on the property.
Mars Ranch is a very diverse property which affords it the many opportunities it currently has. From good rich farm ground on the west side, to gently rolling pasture land and prairie-grass land on the north, and rich bottom-land hardwood timber on the south and east side – the culmination make this property one of “the best and most diverse recreational investment properties we have seen.”
Finding good hunting property along the White River is rare and the Mars Ranch Sporting Club brings with it a history of hunting success that is exclusive to the area it lies within. In the +/- 500 acres of bottomland hardwoods along the river, a system of levees, water control structures, and moist soil waterfowl impoundments allow the owners to manage water across the property for seasonal duck hunting. A good history of duck hunting success is proven on the property and with a few minor improvements one could make the property even more special and enjoyable. Vehicle access can get you and your family or friends to a variety of hunting locations or a short boat ride or ATV rides can take you into all the hunting locations. In addition to the well-known duck hunting on the property, deer and turkey hunting are exceptionally good as well. Hunting on the Mars Ranch is so good due to three key factors: its geographic location along the White River, its current wildlife management practices, and the fact that the property adjoins Wattensaw Wildlife Management Area – a 19,154 acre wildlife area dedicated to managing wildlife. Not excluding the White River, the Mars Ranch also has several fishing reservoirs that are stocked with bass, catfish, crappie, and bluegill. If you need a break from hunting or farming, the Mars Ranch Sporting Club has miles of roads and trails for ATV riding and several river sandbars provide a place to take a picnic lunch or camp for the weekend. The current owners of the property have a lifetime of great family memories along this old historic river and its sandbars and willow beaches.
The diverse geography of the Mars Ranch includes agricultural cropland, pasture land, plantation pine, bottomland hardwood timber, river frontage, and more. Current income and income potential include conservation reserve program (CRP), grassland reserve program (GRP), farming income, timber income, hunting income, and more. In summary, this is a true recreational investment property in a historic area along the banks of the White River. A history of hunting success and a solid investment opportunity for an individual, a family, or a small group of hunters – this property is a very rare find.
The Mars Ranch Sporting Club is located in located off Arkansas HWY 323 just south from Des Arc, AR and along the White River
- 55 miles – Little Rock, AR
- 105 miles – Memphis, TN
- 201 miles – Monroe, LA
- 320 miles – St. Louis, MO
- 340 miles – Birmingham, AL
Recognized Hunting Properties in the Area:
- Calotche Blackwater Duck Club
- Hackberry Farms
- Straight Lake
- Wattensaw WMA
- Cache River Wildlife Refuge (Sanctuary) – just across the river
- White and Cache Rivers
- Tillable Farm ground Income with current farmer in place
- Mature Plantation Pine and Hardwood Timber (income potential)
- CRP income – 1 year remaining
- GRP income – 3.5 years remaining
- Wetlands Restoration Program designed flooded timber and moist soil duck hunting
- Flooded Timber Duck Hunting
- Multiple Lakes – providing good fishing opportunities year round
- Multiple Sloughs and Willow Breaks – Providing Excellent Hunting
- Proven Waterfowl Hunting Areas
- Proven Whitetail Deer Hunting
- Abundant Wild Turkeys
- Some coveys of Wild Quail are in place on the Mars Ranch
- Easy accessibility via vehicle, ATV, or boat
- Convenient access from paved HWY 323 and then private gravel road (Burgess Road) onto property
- Gates and fencing help keep the property private, easily managed, and very excusive
- Good road system throughout
- 2 operational wells
- Various surface water options, reservoirs, canals, and ditches – good infrastructure in place
- Levee system(s), pipes, and water control structures in place
- CRP with Annual Income of $10,218.00 – contract period 10/01/2010 – 09/30/2020
- GRP with Annual Income of $4,456.00 – contract period 09/29/2003 – 09/30/2023
- WRP one-time payment already made
- Mars Ranch has been privately hunted since its inception. There is no current hunting lease on the property. It’s reported that good numbers of mallards and other waterfowl use the property each year and though limited due to age and other interests, the owners and their family members still enjoy quality duck hunting in the bottomland hardwood acreage next to the White River. Whitetail deer in the 160”+ range have been harvested off this property. The family has not allow turkey hunting on Mars Ranch and the wild turkey numbers are abundant. Largemouth Bass, crappie, catfish, and more are available in all the lakes.
- All owned by Seller (if any) shall be transferred, but the Seller does not warrant or guarantee ownership
Please call for more information about this property. The property is being marketing to sell as one parcel however Seller will entertain selling the property in two parcels. All inquiries should be directed to Wellons Real Estate by calling 501.482.LAND or (ben@localhost).
Wellons Real Estate is the exclusive representative firm of the Seller. For additional information or to schedule a private tour of the property, please contact Ben Wellons at 501.482.5263 (O) or email Ben@WellonsLand.com. The information here within is intended only for the person(s) to which are agents/brokers of Wellons Land Real Estate and may contain proprietary, business-confidential and/or privileged material. All information here within has been reported to be truthful and accurate, however Wellons Land does not warrant or guarantee such. If you are not the intended recipient of this document you are hereby notified that any use, review, re-transmission, dissemination, distribution, reproduction or any action taken in reliance upon this message is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.
|Acres:||+/- 1,276.90 Acres|